Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Self-Talk

I thought of a great post to write last night and I've forgotten it already, so I'm just going to recap my latest Weight Watchers' efforts.

I lost 0.8 lbs this week.  I was doing some negative self-talk around the whole weigh-in.  I had the stomach flu late last week, and felt that any loss wouldn't really count, cause it was due to illness as opposed to staying on the program.  Of course, if I had gained weight, I would have felt bad about myself, thinking "I can't even lose weight with the stomach flu!"  So, it was fortuitous that this week's topic at Weight Watchers was about positive vs. negative self-talk.

I'm trying to work on the voice in my head though.  I am happy with the loss, and before the flu, I really was working the program.  I've started using measuring cups when I eat at home, particularly to measure the amount of milk I'm putting into cereal, tea or coffee.  Apparently, a Jen quarter-cup is not equal to a Science quarter-cup.  :)

This week, I'm going to focus again on portion sizes and I'd also like to focus on water intake.  I'm really not drinking enough and it shows in my dry lips and skin.  I haven't been able to get our Wii set up yet, but I've gotten in a bunch of lovely walks outside.

6 comments:

JW Moxie said...

I just want to say how happy I am to see blogging again.

Signed,

The Artist Formerly Known as SmartOneKym. :)

Jessica White said...

I'm always kind of like "Woah!" when I see what a real measurement is :-P

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I also brought out the measuring cups and spoons in the last few weeks. It was eye-opening.

I'm just proud of you for setting aside the negative self-talk because you rock.

tireegal68 said...

You go girl!!!

Io said...

Hey lady :) I came back to blogging and wanted to say how happy I am for you. Hope you're doing well, xo

Sonika Das said...

It is great to see your beautiful post, such a post is rarely seen, I am really impressed by your post and I hope that you will keep writing more similar posts in your life.
golden opportunity
college girls in gurugram
Butey girl agency
vip girl gurgaon
Busty Girls in DLF Phase 3
Low Price girl gurugram
cheap Girls In Gurugram
Modal Girls in Baga Beach
Hostel girl gurugram
Gurugram vip girl